Sticks and Stones

 

My heart is heavy, so much pain 


storm arises yet again 


cloud so grey 


rain that falls 


sound so loud


 thunder roars 


lightening strikes


 all I see 


great mist in front of me


~


 I have taken blows in past woes 


now in present, is the seed sown? 


how do I let this pain subside? 


how do I let it all just slide? 


~


Yesterdays pain 


is felt in shame 


Today's pain 


feels the same


 ~


 I cannot run away and hide


 I need to have me by my side 


I need to find my strength within 


to ride this storm 'til the colours begin


 ~


  Today I felt the sticks and stones 


thrown from those who would never know


true traumas of my life in past


 my agony - my pain and scars 


~


Stood like a rock and let them throw 


every stick and stone they had collected 


taking the pain in my stance 


~


No stick or stone did I throw 


there was more at stake 


than I alone


~



Comments